What is an optin?
An optin provides:
- A subscription page where you explain your offer to your fans. It shows a button on which fans click to subscribe to your offer.
- A call-to-action box that you can put on your website or blog. Botamp provides HTML code that you can put into your website or blog.
- A Messenger link that you can send directly to people who want to subscribe to your offer without going to the subscription page, your website or your blog. It is a link on which the person clicks to sign up directly to your offer.
Creating an optin
Creating an optin is done with the following steps.
Click on Optins on the Botamp menu, then click on Add Optin.
This will give you access to the following form.
It consists of a Parameter field, Content, Presentation and Sharing sections; and a Save button.
This is a unique name given to the optin that will be used to identify people who have subscribed to your offer from that optin. If you want to link an option to an automation, use the same parameter used when creating the automation.
It is made of Headline, Subheadline, Call to action and Content fields.
Headline: This is the title of your subscription page or call to action if you want to include it into your website. The title is mandatory.
Subheadline: It is displayed below the title. The subheadline is optional.
Call to Action: This is the text of the subscription button. Ex: Register now, Receive our course, Claim your spot, etc.
Content: It can be a text explaining the benefits of your offer, testimonials, or your biography to instill credibility. Explain the benefits and value of your offer to readers. If you're offering a course for example, include information such as the frequency of lessons, the topics to be covered.
Allows you to customize the optin page with images and colors.
- Featured image: When sharing your offer on social networks, it will be the image displayed in the shares.
- Logo: You can add the logo of your company to display at the top of the subscription page.
- Primary color: This is the color of the Call to action button.
- Secondary color: This is the color of the text.
- Background color: This is the background color of the page.
In this section you can get the link of the subscription page, the HTML code to embed on your website or blog. The contents of this section are displayed after your save the automation for the first time.
Save the optin to enable sharing. You will see the result by clicking on the Sharing section.
You can visit the "Landing Page" link to see the registration page with the content you added. If you want to advertise your offer on Facebook, this is the link you need to use.
Your optin is now created. To delete or modify it, click on Optins in the Botamp menu. You will see a list of all your optins. Delete them by clicking on Delete or modify them by clicking on their name.
On this view, you can also see your optin's landing page link.